Are you a groom-to-be and looking for a skin care routine ahead of your wedding? Do not rely on soap and prep your skin for that flawless wedding look.
Why should the bride always be the centre of attention? Its high time you ditch the soap, step out of your comfort zone and up your skincare game with this simple routine. Walk into your wedding ceremony with flawless skin and look dapper in your wedding photos with this simple 3 step skincare routine. Read on and unlock the secrets to healthy skin for yourself.
Know your Skin Type
Firstly, you need to know which skin type does your skin belong to.
Your skin rarely acts out, stays oil-free and doesn't get irritated or dry easily.
Your skin has oily patches on it. And a natural shine to it, acne is a frequent struggle for you.
3. Sensitive or Dry:
Your skin gets irritated easily or feels dry very often.
Your 'T-zone' is often oily and the rest of your face that is your cheeks feel dry. Your 'T-zone' is your forehead till the tip of your nose.
Once you know your skin type, it becomes fairly easy to choose the right skin care products. The first step to your skincare routine will be cleansing.
How To Do:
- Splash warm water on your face before applying face wash. This will open up your pores.
- Now take some face wash on your palms and gently rub your face in circular motion. Remember to be gentle because the face is a sensitive area.
- Then, rinse your face with cool water to close up the pores.
- Lastly, pat dry your skin. Remember not to rub your skin when drying it because rubbing the skin vigorously causes wrinkles.
When: We recommend that you cleanse your face twice a day or depending upon your requirement. You can cleanse your face once in the morning and once before going to bed.
Scrubbing your face exfoliates the skin and gets rid of all the dead skin cells and impurities that build upon your face and improve your complexion.
How To Do:
- Wet your face with warm water and take a small amount of scrub in your fingers.
- Gently scrub in a circular motion all over your face. Focus primarily on the areas where dead skin usually builds up like the nose, forehead and the neck.
- Rinse your face with cold water and then pat dry.
When: We suggest that you do not use a scrub more than 3 times a week, depending upon your skin type. Do it after cleansing. Guys with oily skin type should scrub more often.
The next step in your skincare routine would be to moisturise and hydrate your skin. It is an essential step because it prevents water loss from your skin, makes it firmer and has an anti-ageing effect.
How To Do: After washing or scrubbing your face and patting it dry, apply a men's moisturiser all over your face. Focus on the area around your eyes and the forehead. A small amount is sufficient, you don't have to go overboard with the moisturiser.
If you have dry skin, you may need to apply a little bit more in the afternoon. As for the men with oily skin, you don't have the skip this step, a small amount won't be of any harm.
Now that you have prepped up your skin with this skincare routine, you need to prevent any further harm. Preventing skin issues is an important step that most of us miss out on.
How To Do:
- If you're going to spend more than thirty to forty minutes in the sun, apply sunscreen on all the skin that's going to be exposed to the sun. Opt for a sunscreen that has an SPF of at least 15.
- If you tend to stay up late and have dark circles under your eyes, you can use eye cream. The best eye creams for men have caffeine as a core ingredient and can do wonders in improving the puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. Use it once at the night before going to sleep.
Skin care doesn’t need to be complicated. With as little as three products, you can have a robust and effective skincare routine. The key is consistency. Work the products into your daily routine. Stick with it, you may not see instant results but doing it repetitively will ensure that these products will do wonders for your skin.
If you have any further questions, ask us in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer them.